States receive block grants to design and operate programs that accomplish the purposes of the TANF program. The Office of Family Assistance collects and analyzes data on caseloads, expenditures, work participation, and more.
Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients
- TANF Reports to Congress Visit disclaimer page
- Report on Engagement in Additional Work Activities and Expenditures for Other Benefits and Services Visit disclaimer page
- State TANF and MOE Annual Reports Visit disclaimer page
- High Performance Bonus Measures
- TANF Application Data Visit disclaimer page
- Federal Five-Year Time Limits
- TANF Contingency Fund Awards Visit disclaimer page
- States Qualifying for Counting Up To Six Additional Weeks of Job Search and Job Readiness
Research from ACF’s Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation
- Read about ACF’s research portfolio addressing innovative approaches for increasing economic self-sufficiency and reducing welfare dependency, including rigorous evaluations of promising employment strategies. Office of Planning, Research & Evaluation reports on Self-Sufficiency, Welfare & Employment.
- State TANF Policies: Welfare Rules Database Expansion
Last Reviewed Date: