How do you submit a budget modification?
Once in GrantSolutions, you must click on "Manage Amendments". Then, you will select "new" to begin the amendment process. On the next screen you will choose the "Budget Revision (Type 6)" as the Amendment Type and press "Create Amendment" in order to start the budget modification. On the next screen you will need to:
- Complete the online SF-424A and SF-424 to reflect the new amounts per category.
- Upload the recently approved Performance Progress Report (PPR) as the program narrative.
- Upload the cover letter — explaining the general changes/ reason for changes. This letter needs to be on official letterhead and signed by the authorized representative/official of your grant.
- Line Item Budget — You will upload your budget narrative reflective of any budget changes. This should follow the formatting and direction given during the Non-Competing Continuation Application process — please visit the FAQ if more direction is needed on how to classify costs or provide sufficient detail. Please note: If you use excel, please make sure it is only one tab. Please do not upload any internal budgeting forms or old versions of the budget narrative.
- Upload the most recent SF-425 that has been completed.
- Under miscellaneous information, you should upload your Indirect Cost Rate Agreement and any other documents that may be relevant (like estimates and brochures for equipment purchases, if relevant).
Once the above has been completed, you will click on "Verify Submission" and then "Final Submission" at the bottom of the screen in order to submit the budget modification. At this time, you should notify your program specialist that you have submitted an Amendment, so that he/she can begin working on it.