The Office of Child Care (OCC) is pleased to announce the Federal Register publication of the Second Notice of the Proposed Information Collection Activity and Comment Request regarding the fiscal year (FY) 2022–2024 CCDF Plan (Plan Preprint). A copy of the revised Plan Preprint is attached Visit disclaimer page along with a copy of the Federal Register announcementVisit disclaimer page Visit disclaimer page .
OCC received insightful comments from 24 entities and organizations at the national, state, and local levels. The comments fell into four categories:
- Comments that did not request any change
- Comments that resulted in edits
- Comments that requested edits that could not be made due to provisions in Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) statute and Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Final Rule
- Comments that will be used to inform OCC training materials and to review documents.
Below are some highlights and changes that OCC made in response to the comments:
- Expanded the instructions and explanations and clarified the purpose of and requirements associated with the statute and regulations.
- Revised and refined some questions to make it easier for lead agencies to adequately describe the specific practices implemented. For instance, several revisions were made to assist lead agencies in describing the process they used to complete interstate background checks and to respond to requests for background checks from other states. In addition, new elements were added to the question asking lead agencies to certify the information posted on their consumer education website regarding interstate background checks.
- Modified language to align with the CCDBG statute and CCDF Final Rule and other Federal guidance (e.g., the Preamble to the regulations and Program Instructions), added citations when appropriate, and clarified the types of lead agency citations that could be considered.
- When appropriate, reminded lead agencies to consider programs serving school-age children in their responses.
- In Section 7, added language to assist lead agencies in considering how quality may be defined and supported to acknowledge the unique differences among provider settings, including family child care.
Unless otherwise noted, all question numbers align with the initial version of the Plan Preprint shared for public comment on September 10, 2020.
This second Public Comment Period provides an opportunity for you to submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). A comment is best assured of having its full effect if OMB receives it within 30 days of publication of the Federal Register notice. States, territories, and other interested parties have 30 days to make a formal comment—no later than January 15, 2021. Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent directly to the following:
Office of Management and Budget, Paperwork Reduction Project
Fax: (202) 395–7285
Attn: Desk Officer for the Administration for Children and Families or
If you do submit comments, OCC would appreciate if you could share your comments to OMB with your respective OCC Regional Program Manager. If you have any questions regarding the proposed Plan Preprint, please feel free to contact your Regional Office.
Thanks to your partnership, the state and territory CCDF Plans will continue to serve as an important blueprint for implementing our shared commitment to improving the number of high-quality choices available to low-income families through the CCDF program. We look forward to our continued partnership.
Office of Child Care