This Cost Allocation Methodology (CAM) Toolkit is made available to federal, state, and local agencies through a collaboration between the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE); the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service (FNS); and representatives from States of Kansas and Texas. This is version #3 of the Toolkit. It has been updated to natively support Microsoft Office Excel 2010, to fix bugs, and provide usability improvements.
The CAM Toolkit's purpose is to model a simple, consistent, and objective cost allocation methodology that serves as a "safe harbor" for States that must perform cost allocation of software development cost under an approved Advance Planning Document (APD). The toolkit can:
- Help states determine equitable distributions of software development costs to federal and state benefiting programs over the system development lifecycle.
- Help expedite the federal approval process for State Cost Allocation Plans submitted under an APD.
If you have questions, please email OCSE.DSTS@acf.hhs.gov
- PDF User Handbook for the CAM Toolkit.pdf (1,033.21 KB)
- ZIP Help files for the CAM Toolkit.ZIP (3,891.00 KB)
- PDF User Guide for the Cost Allocation Methodologies.pdf (4,836.33 KB)
- ZIP 2014 CAM TOOL.zip (3,496.40 KB)