This page provides brief descriptions of each of the Administration for Children and Families' (ACF) program offices. ACF program offices are specialized in their missions supporting a variety of initiatives that empower families and individuals and improve access to services in order to create strong, healthy communities. These programs fund a variety of projects from Native American Language Preservation to Refugee Resettlement to Child Care. The breadth of our programming allows us to positively impact the lives of children, families, and communities around the country.
Looking for ACF Program Office Contact Info?
ACF Program Contacts: This page provides a list of ACF's program office telephone and fax numbers.
- Administration for Native Americans (ANA)
- Administration on Children, Youth and Families (ACYF)
- Children's Bureau (CB)
- Office of Early Childhood Development (ECD)
- Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB)
- Office of Child Care (OCC)
- Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE)
- Office of Community Services (OCS)
- Office of Family Assistance (OFA)
- Office of Head Start (OHS)
- Office of Human Services Emergency Preparedness and Response (OHSEPR)
- Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE)
- Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)
- Office on Trafficking in Persons (OTIP)
ACYF oversees major federal programs that provide financial assistance to states, community-based organizations, and academic institutions to provide services, carry out research and demonstration activities, and manage training, technical assistance and information dissemination.
OHSEPR promotes resilience for individuals, families, and communities impacted by disasters & public health emergencies by providing expertise in human services policy, planning, operations, and partnerships.
OPRE studies ACF programs and the populations they serve through rigorous research and evaluation projects. These include evaluations of existing programs, evaluations of innovative approaches to helping low-income children and families, research syntheses, and descriptive and exploratory studies.