ACF has an important role in helping domestic violence survivors, runaway and homeless youth, and trafficking survivors. We support the following hotlines / helplines to serve people in need.
- By phone: 1-800-799-7233(SAFE)
- By text: Text LOVEIS to 22522
- Online chat: https://www.thehotline.org Visit disclaimer page and select “Chat Now”
Highly trained, experienced advocates offer support, crisis intervention information, educational services and referral services in more than 200 languages. The website provides information about domestic violence, online instructional materials, safety planning, and local resources.
- By phone: 1-844-7NATIVE (1-844-762-8483)
- Online chat: https://www.strongheartshelpline.org Visit disclaimer page and select “Chat Now”
Services include crisis intervention, safety planning, peer support and advocacy, information and education about domestic and dating violence, and referrals to Native-centered domestic violence service providers.
National Runaway Safeline Visit disclaimer page is a 24/7 hotline that serves as the national communication system for runaway and homeless youth (RHY) providing crisis intervention, information and referrals, and other resources. The RHY hotline can be reached:
- By phone: 1-800-RUNAWAY / 1-800-786-2929
- By email: https://www.1800runaway.org/crisis-online-services Visit disclaimer page
- Online chat: https://www.1800runaway.org Visit disclaimer page and select “Chat Now”
- By phone: 1-888-373-7888
- By text: text HELP to 233733 (BEFREE)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online chat: https://humantraffickinghotline.org/chat Visit disclaimer page
- Denunciar casos de trata
The hotline also has an online Referral Directory Visit disclaimer page made up of anti-trafficking organizations and programs that offer emergency, transitional, or long-term services to victims and survivors of human trafficking.
Other Helpful Hotlines
- ChildHelp Visit disclaimer page National Child Abuse Hotline - 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Find Substance Abuse Treatment - 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Helpline - 800-950-NAMI
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) Hotline - 800-843–5678
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline - 800-656-HOPE (4673) Visit disclaimer page
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Hotline - 800-273-8255